As both the traditional workspace and our expectations from it have evolved over the years, a relatively new concept of coworking has gained tremendous popularity. The idea that is very trendy in today’s world, coworking spaces, initially began to develop in the early 2000s.
If you are someone who likes to travel to different parts of the world while simultaneously working on your laptop, this might be just the thing for you!
But what exactly is coworking? Let’s find out.
What are Coworking Spaces?
Broadly speaking, coworking spaces are neutral work arrangements wherein self-employed people or people from different companies come together to work on independent or shared projects in a common space. Unlike traditional workspaces, coworking spaces are unique in the way that they constitute a myriad of people working at the same place but, at the same time, quite distinct from each other – both in terms of the companies they work for and the profiles they have.
What might have started as an idea somewhere in the world has now become a global movement, with more and more coworking spaces emerging in almost all developing cities of the world. Many giant companies have now modified their offices into some sort of coworking space, acknowledging the benefits offered by these.
Workspace of the New Normal
Apart from the several benefits that coworking spaces offer, one of the major reasons for their increasing prevalence can be attributed to the fact that they offer a post-pandemic workspace alternative. The complete shift of all things online or the global phenomenon of working from home made people realize the importance of professional workplace settings. Premium Coworking Spaces in Delhi have replaced the long-established usage of cafes or home offices by people who use online space for most of their work requirements. These are most popular among freelance workers or web-based entrepreneurs.
Another factor that has contributed to the flourishing of these spaces in the contemporary world is that they have become successful in embracing the fluidity and uncertainty of today’s occupational environment. This essentially means that coworking spaces will be convenient for you if you are looking for an office in a new city for a short period.
All in all, it can be said with confidence that, if nothing else, the pandemic has ensured that coworking places are not going to die anytime soon.
Coworking for Digital Nomads
Torn between living your dream life and wanting the benefits of the workplace environment? Worry no more. Coworking places are built keeping in mind the safekeeping of your freedom as well as the perks of working as part of a community.
Most companies in the modern world offer hybrid or work-from-home arrangements. However, being a work-from-home employee and being a digital nomad are two very different things. While one allows you to work from the comfort of your house, the other will enable you to have a job while journeying around the world. Further, coworking offers the extra advantage of creating a sense of discipline or professionalism, unlike your home environment. Be it the need to escape the stress accompanying the 9-5 lifestyle or simply wanderlust, Premium Coworking Spaces in Noida provide exciting new alternatives to “living the dream.”
Moreover, if you are not a big fan of the mundanity that usual workplaces offer, you will be surprised to learn how coworking spaces can add to your professional and social life.
Finding a budget-friendly place to work every time you are in a new city can be tiresome and exhausting. Even more challenging is meeting new people in the strange city. Coworking places bridge this gap by enabling connections right at your office. It serves the dual advantage of professional networking as well as making friends to hang out with on your journey. It can lead to new expansion opportunities as well as help you meet people you can learn from.
The Perks of Coworking: Why You Should Do It?
Fancy yourselves as a location-independent employee who loves to mix it up? Here’s what coworking spaces have in store for you.
● Increased Work Productivity- A conducive environment will only motivate you to give your work your one hundred percent. The decorum of the office and hardworking peers often act as an accessory to your work. Also, you will likely be more productive if you love where you work.
● Enables Remote Work- As long as you have steady Wi-Fi, coworking spaces ensure that it doesn’t matter where your company is located. You can work from any part of the world you like or anywhere you are currently stationed, giving you a lot of freedom.
● Fewer Distractions- Compared to other remote work forms like cafes or homes, a coworking space in Delhi offers fewer distractions. Additionally, private meeting rooms enable smooth and focused remote meetings.
● Innovation- Working in new environments with new people can enable your mind to think outside the box. Sometimes, what is needed to gain groundbreaking insight is merely getting out of the rut, which is something coworking spaces essentially stand for.
● Self-Discovery- Moving to different places frequently can be challenging. However, this will genuinely shape your personality and build you into an individual who is ready for the various challenges life has to offer. These situations will teach you a lot about yourself in a way nothing else can.
● Achieving Work-Life Balance- It can be said with certainty that now, more than ever before, people have started to realize the necessity of a healthy work-life balance. Opting for coworking spaces can help you get your priorities straight by enabling a schedule while simultaneously giving you the time to engage in activities you love. By saving you from a certain amount of stress, these can also help you spend more time with friends and family.
● Networking- Unarguably, this is one of the most significant advantages of coworking environments. Collaborating with people from different backgrounds will widen your perspective. Very often, employees working in these new environments learn to appreciate differences and develop more informed viewpoints in general. You can even find business partners among the people you meet here or make connections that last a long time. Also, you get the opportunity to receive constructive feedback from peers with expertise in the area. Coworking doesn’t only mean sharing of space but also sharing of ideas, values, and knowledge.
● The Cohesiveness-Efficiency Relationship- Cohesiveness is a feeling of belongingness and the quality of forming a united whole. Research suggests that cohesiveness is a characteristic of high-performing teams. A coworking space In Delhi increases cohesiveness by connecting you with like-minded people. Whether you are working independently on a project or as part of a team, cohesiveness increases cooperation and therefore increases efficiency.
● Sustainability- By sharing resources like energy, equipment, transportation, etc., coworking spaces further the cause of sustainable development and ensure that growth is done keeping in mind its environmental impact.
● Low Investment Costs- Small businesses and entrepreneurial aspirants are moving towards coworking spaces since they provide amenities with relatively no set-up costs and serve as an effective alternative by giving an early boost to your business.
Apart from these, some simpler but highly essential advantages that premium coworking spaces in Delhi offer are:
◆ Access to essential services like reliable WIFI, printers, conference rooms, etc.
◆ Access to food and cafeteria facilities
◆ Most coworking spaces are strategically located in central areas with easy transportation to shopping malls, gyms, etc.
◆ Greater flexibility in terms of time-based contracts.
If you are still wondering about the practical benefits of a coworking space In Delhi, think about it like this – while here, you will never have to worry about things like running out of snacks or needing to handle faulty electronics, unlike your home or a traditional office. Coworking spaces ensure everything you need to work efficiently, enabling you to focus on your goals and the rest will be taken care of.
Finding the Right Coworking Spaces
Here are some things you would want to keep in mind while looking for a coworking space:
● Make a budget- It wouldn’t make much sense to choose a coworking space with a very high membership cost if you are only there for a couple of weeks. Compare the options and find the right place that fits your criteria.
● Famous coworking brands- It would be best to start your research by checking if where you are currently residing has coworking spaces by well-known brands. It would save you some time since these brands have already established their names in the market and offer reliable services.
● Location- One of the thrills associated with being a digital nomad is the chance to travel the world. You might want to choose an office space that is conveniently located and might even have offices in different parts of the world.
● Work Environment- The people you work with have a lot of impact on your professional as well as social life. It is crucial to keep in mind the quality of the work environment you desire while choosing the right space.
In conclusion, whether you are a digital wanderer or a traveling entrepreneur, coworking spaces might be the key to finding your perfect work-life balance.